Over the course of your dogs life, there are quite a few stages and situations where “accidents” might happen indoors. If you have ever had a puppy, you know what a long and arduous journey housebreaking can be! Along the way you’ll end up with plenty of accidents indoors which can lead to unpleasant odors and stains, especially if they go unnoticed for some time. When you’re dealing with tough dog urine, you need a top dog urine remover product to product your home!
Regardless of the cleaner you end up using, here’s a couple tips for making the clean up as easy as possible.
- Get your puppy outside immediately. You need to reinforce that you puppy only goes to the bathroom outside, so as soon as you spot him starting to go indoors, rush him outside and deal with the cleanup later.
- Have gloves on hand. Especially if you need to dispose of any solids and use paper towels, you’re going to want a set of disposable gloves readily available.
- Clean up as much as possible before using a cleaning product. Be sure to soak up as much of the urine as possible before you move on to using a cleaner, it will make the cleaner much more effective.
- Keep a plastic bag nearby for your garbage. Rather than running your messy paper towels to your garbage can, bring a small plastic bag with you to the site of the stain.
- Consider blocking off carpeted areas. One way to make cleanup a bit easier is to use a dog gate to block your puppy from carpeted areas. Keeping them on hard surfaces makes it easier to get to accidents before they soak or stain.
Another common situation that can happen is you have a friends dog over, and that dog decides to mark in your house. To make matters worse, your dog will smell the scent and want to cover it with their own – more dog pee!
In these situations, it’s really important that you fully remove all traces of the scent, or else dogs will continue to mark. This is where a high-quality dog odor eliminator comes in.
Finally, older dogs can sometimes have a harder time holding their bladder, leading to more accidents.
How to Find and Fully Remove Stains and Odors
Sometimes it can be hard to tell if a stain is fully cleaned up or not, especially on darker flooring. Using a generic cleaning product on a stain will often leave traces behind – and we can prove it!
By using a cheap UV flashlight like the one seen below, you can turn out the lights and find remnants of stains around your home. The results might shock you!
Often times, people find stains with their blacklight that they thought was previously cleaned up. Once they use one of the pet products below, they find all traces of the stain truly disappear!
A UV blacklight can also be useful for finding the source of an odor if it’s cause from pet stains without having to get down on your hands and knees to sniff around.
Top Dog Urine Stain and Odor Removers
Back in the day you used to use any generic home cleaning product to try to treat pet stains, but no longer. Today, we have specially formulated products designed to break down the stains and odors and things are literally down to a science! Powerful enzymes are used which rapidly breakdown the stains and odor, resulting in a clean house.
Here are our top picks for the best dog urine cleaning products available on the market today.
Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator
Rocco & Roxie is a family owned and operated pet product brand that truly understands the needs of pet owners. Their Stain & Odor Eliminator spray is formulated to tackle any kinds of stains that your pets might create.
This cleaner is safe for use with any and all surfaces. It is certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute to not cause staining or color damage to your fabrics, which is a rare feat for cleaning products. The bio-enzymatic formula is pet and child safe and fully removes both the stain and stink!
Rocce & Roxie offer a 100% satisfaction guarentee, offering a full refund if the product doesn’t perform up to your expectations.
Nature’s Miracle Advanced Formula Spray
Nature’s Miracle is an extremely trusted brand in the pet supplies world, and there products are available just about anywhere pet supplies are sold.
Their Advanced Formula has enzymes that breakdown stains and odors, and can even work on old, deep-set stains. You can use it on carpets, hard surfaces, clothing, kennels, car seats, and anywhere else your pet may cause a stain.
Bissell Enzyme Action Pet Stain and Stink Remover
Bissell knows a thing or two about cleaning! Their Stain and Stink Remover has patented odor technology and enzyme action that completely destroys and removes odors that would cause your dog to mark again.
Safe for pets and all the surfaces around your home, be sure to check this cleaner out.