EVO Dog Food Review

EVO Dog Food

EVO focuses on natural recipes and high-quality ingredients to provide a more evolutionarily based diet to your pets. The company also claims to be the very first grain-free pet food on the market and promises a high protein, highly digestible diet geared towards owners who want their dogs to look fit, lean, and healthy at all times.

About EVO

EVO helped to revolutionize the dog food industry when it was unveiled as one of the first grain-free kibbles on the market back in 2004, and continues to maintain a leading edge in the field, making use of more than 100 quality control checks throughout the chain of production to ensure that only the finest product reaches their customers.

Best Fresh Dog Food: Nom Nom.

Want it fresh? Nom Nom creates genuinely fresh dog food, with high quality ingredients, and formulated just for your pets! Get 50% off by clicking here or the coupon link below.

Coupon: 50% off Nom Nom

EVO is owned by a company called Natura, which was bought by Procter & Gamble in 2010, and then subsequently sold to Mars Inc., who is better known for their candy but is actually one of the largest manufacturers of pet products in the country. All of EVO’s food is also made right here in the USA, at their plant in Fremont, Nebraska, and makes use of primarily American grown and harvested ingredients that adhere to their strict inspection standards.

Which dog food brand is best for your pup?

Quality of Ingredients

EVO

EVO really seems to care about what kind of ingredients go into their food, and promises to never add any unnecessary grains, potatoes, or gluten into any of their formulas. According to their website, this is in order to “maximize protein concentration while limiting carbohydrates” to help guarantee that your dog stays looking fit and trim when placed on an EVO diet.

The company also says that it has rigorous quality control steps at every step of the way in its manufacturing process and that it chooses only the finest locally sourced ingredients to ensure that your dog is getting the best nutrition possible every time it eats a bowl of EVO.

Dry Dog Food Product Line

EVO currently has a number of different products on the market, including both wet and canned foods. Additionally, almost all of their formulas also come in a standard size and small bites variety and are geared towards animals at all life stages.

Best Fresh Dog Food Delivery Services

Best Overall



Nom Nom top pick


Nom Nom



Variety
4 Recipes

Trial Price
~$16/week (25lb dog)
Our review

50% off
coupon

Best Savings - 60% OFF



My Ollie dog food


Ollie



Variety
4 Recipes

Trial Price
~$18/week (25lb dog)
Our review

60% off
coupon

Runner-Up



The Farmer's Dog runner up


The Farmer's Dog



Variety
3 Recipes

Trial Price
~$17/week (25lb dog)
Our review

50% off
coupon

More We Like





A Pup Above



Variety
4 Recipes

Trial Price
~$18/week (25lb dog)
Our review

25% off
coupon code:
WWSUBSCRIBE

Turkey & Chicken

As the name suggests, turkey and chicken are the primary proteins in this formula, which, supplemented by eggs, salmon meal, and menhaden meal, form 82% of the ingredients in every bag. The remaining 18% are high-quality fruits and veggies, as well as necessary vitamins and minerals required to create a balanced meal in every bowl. Additionally, this formula is specifically made to be highly digestible and is fortified with healthy Omega-3 and -6 fatty acids to help ensure skin and coat health and keep your pup looking his best.

Red Meat

The Red Meat formula makes use of a wide variety of different proteins, such as beef, pork meal, bison, lamb, and venison, as well as eggs and salmon meal to account for 78% of the ingredients in every bag. As with the turkey and chick formula, the remaining percentage is filled by fruits, veggies, vitamins, and minerals, and there are never any grains, potatoes, or other fillers included. This food is also billed as “an easy-to-feed alternative to a raw diet” and is fortified with vitamin B12 and biotin, to help your pet not just look, but also feel great.

Herring and Salmon

The fish-based formula for the EVO line, Herring and Salmon draw 78% of its ingredients from herring, salmon, and eggs, and the remaining 22% from sources like peas, apples, cottage cheese, and carrots, among other healthy fruits, veggies, and other supplements. This formula is also fortified with Menhaden oil, an excellent and natural source of Vitamin E, as well as Glucosamine and chondroitin to help protect joints and keep your dog moving, even at an older age.

Where to Buy

EVO

EVO is available at most specialty dog food retailers nationwide and is also carried by several of the larger chain stores as well, especially PetSmart. To be sure that your local pet food supplier carries the EVO brand, the company website has an easy to use store locator. Just punch in your local zip code and it will have a list of locations nearest you to buy fro.

EVO is also easily purchased online as well, and most of the standard, big-name online retailers will carry the food. Sites like Ch
ewy and Pet360, as well as Amazon, are all able to deliver the food directly to your door, but unfortunately direct to consumer sales from the company website are not yet possible.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *